Learn what it takes to promote brand awareness through modern platforms and technologies by interpreting analytics and implementing digital marketing strategies.
- Use digital marketing strategies and analytics to promote brand awareness.
- Utilize data to determine the position of a product in the market.
- Recommend both internal and external marketing strategies.
- Develop marketing plans that align with company missions, objectives and goals.
- Write and communicate effectively for companies and consumers alike.
- Apply legal and ethical principles to marketing goals.
- Collaborate across environments to ensure the creation, capture and delivery of value.
Digital Marketing majors take subjects that include:
- General Education subjects (42 credits): The General Education program covers critical topics to each students' academic and career success. Through exploring topics in information literacy, global perspectives, language and critical thinking, all undergraduate students will develop higher-order skills to impress employers and empower them to be active global citizens. Subject areas can include English Composition, Business, Mathematics, Science, Technology, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Fine Arts and Humanities, and Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Business core subjects (30 credits): Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Business Law, Managing and Leading in Business, Critical Business Skills for Success, Driving Business Opportunities, Principles of Finance, Global Dimensions in Business, Applied Marketing Strategies & People, Planet and Profit.
- Marketing subjects (18 credits): Principles of Integrated Marketing Communications, Social Media & Marketing Communications, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Strategic Brand Management, Strategic Marketing Planning (Capstone)
- Digital Marketing subjects (12 credits): Mobile Marketing, SEO vs. SEM, Digital Advertising, Digital Analytics
- Free Elective subjects (18 credits) - Elective subjects allow undergraduate students to pursue other areas of interest and graduate with a well-rounded education.